Folk Music and Dance in Rajasthan
The people of Rajasthan live life to the hit. After hard work in the harsh desert sun and the rocky terrain whenever they take time off they let themselves go in gay abandon. There is dancing, singing, drama, devotional music and puppet shows and other community festivities which transform the hardworking Rajasthani into a fun-loving and carefree individual. Each region has its own folk entertainment, the dance style differ as do the songs. Interestingly enough, even the musical instruments are different.
Of considerable significance are the devotional songs and the communities who render these songs. Professional performers like the Bhaats, Dholis, Mirasis, Nats, Bhopas and Bhands are omnipresent across the state. They are patronized by the villagers who participate actively in the shows put up by these travelling entertainers. Some of the better known forms of entertainment are:
Welcome to Rajasthan
Rajasthan – Rajputana of old. Land of a people who are brave and chivalrous, people with a warlike lifestyle around whom grew the most amazing legends of romance and heroism. There is a certain magic about travelling through Rajasthan which is unequalled by any other palace in the world. It is a land of superlatives… everything here is breathtakingly beautiful, impressive and fascinating. It is packed with history, art and culture that goes back several centuries. Rajasthan – where the mood and rhythm is so overpowering that it impressive and even the most seasoned traveller. It has rightly been called a huge open air museum where the relics of a golden past have been carefully preserved for the benefit of the tourist. It has something for almost every kind of traveller – for those looking for an active, action-packed holiday there are several places which allow one to enjoy the great outdoors, there is trekking, there are horse and camel safaris through desert sends or along the Aravallis – the oldest mountain range in India. Take a royal tour and live like a Maharaja or spend a peaceful and quiet holiday in one of the several off-beat destinations in historic towns, wildlife lovers can spot tigers and other rare species in various wildlife sanctuaries…..
It is well-connected with other parts of the country and can be easily approached from
Rajasthan Rising Recognitions - (Important for Exam)
1. The Hon'ble Prime Minister of India honoured Rajasthan with an award of Rs 1.00 Cr. and a certificate under the 'Krishi Karman Puruskar' for the optimum production of 32.32 lakh tonnes of pulses in the State in the year 2010-11.
2. Rajasthan received first prize of Rs 1.5 Cr. and a certificate from the Government of India on the Rashtriya Panchayat Divas Samaroh for the effective transfer of departments to Panchayati Raj Institutions along with funds, functions and functionaries up to the district level.
Rajasthan Gk Question
Rajasthan genaral Knowledge (GK) Question for Govt Exam preparation like RPSC Exam, RAS Exam , RPSC Third Grade Teachers Recruitment, Patwari and many more.
GK Set -3
Q1. What is the position of Rajasthan in the production of Cement in India ?
Rajasthan Gk Question Set 2
Rajasthan genaral Knowledge (GK) Question for Govt Exam preparation in Rajasthan like RPSC exam, RAS, Teachers Recruitment, Patwari and many more.
GK Set -2
Q1. In Which district of Rajasthan Mica mixed hematite iron ore is found ?
Mukhaya Mantri Anna Suraksha Yojan
Rajasthan Govt. scheme - Mukhaya Mantri Anna Suraksha Yojan Efforts to Control Prices
- Under the Mukhya Mantri Anna Surksha Yojana. it is being ensured that 36 lakh poor families get 25 Kg. of wheat every month at the rate of Rs. 2 per Kg. If the family desires fortified flour (with Iron, Folic Acid and Vitamin B12), instead of wheat, then the same is provided at Rs. 3.60 per Kg. An annual subsidy to the tune of Rs. 350 crores is being provided for the Scheme.
- Upto 10 Kg. fortified flour is being provided the APL families at the rate of Rs. 8.10 per Kg. in 10 districts and Rs. 8.60 per Kg. in the remaining districts of the State.
First in Rajasthan
- First Assembly President of Rajasthan - Mr. Narottam Lal Joshi
- First Lady Chief Minister (CM) of Rajasthan - Smt. Vasundhra Raje
- First Chief Justice of Rajasthan High Court - Mr. Kamal Kant Verma
- First Governor of Rajasthan - Mr. Gurumukh Nihal singh
- First Lady Minister - Smt. Kamla Beniwal
Administrative Structure of Rajasthan
- Total Divisions in Rajasthan संभाग - 7
- Number of Districts in Rajasthan जिले - 33
- No. of sub division उपखण्ड - 244
- Jila Prishad जिला परिषद - 33
- नगर निकाय - 184
- Municipal Corporations नगर निगम - 5
- Municipal Councils नगर परिषद - 13
- Municipalities नगरपालिकाएं - 166